MSA FORWARD Workshops
MSA Retail Boot Camp – Back by Popular Demand!
Featuring: Andrew Andoniadis
Friday, March 29, 2019 | 8:00 am – 12:00 pm | Ticket Price: $95
A half-day workshop that develops core retail management skills
MSA’s core learning session focuses on the subjective factors and relevant metrics related to the generation of gross revenue, managing expenses that lead to the maximization of profitability, aspects of the store’s impact on the visitor experience and general management fundamentals. The emphasis will be on how you can ‘own’ the process through planning and evaluation. The seminar is aimed at new managers, managers new to cultural commerce and as a refresher course for others.
Successful nonprofit retail is a combination of art and science. The art includes product selection, merchandising, display, customer experience, and layout and design. The science lies in the numbers, including the analysis and understanding of revenue, profitability, expenses, benchmarks and many other factors. MSA Retail Boot Camp is designed to give you the knowledge you need to advance your career and ensure the success of your store.
- Maximizing revenue and profitability
- Retail pricing strategy
- Data collection for financial reporting
- Impact of store layout and design on revenue
- Financial benchmarks
- Operational efficiency and cost control
- Inventory management
- Mission-related product selection and UBIT
- Customer experience and selling
- Product development
- Merchandising and display
- Store mission statement
- Extending the brand
- Non-economic impact on visitors
The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center: Service Excellence Culture
Friday, March 29, 2019 | 12:45 pm – 3:45 pm | Ticket Price: $170
Building off the success of 2018, you can’t afford to miss this brand new program!
By exploring the award-winning business practices of The Ritz-Carlton, you will discover how a service excellence culture results in engaged employees and customers. You will be guided through The Ritz-Carlton Gold Standards, the foundation of our iconic, global brand. You will also visit our key processes, such as onboarding and empowerment that lead to legendary service, sustainable success, and customer loyalty.
Note: This is a new program for 2019 and not a repeat of the 2018 offering.
- Utilizing The Ritz-Carlton Gold Standards to help keep business practices simple.
- Leveraging The Ritz-Carlton Key Processes, which functions as “the system behind the smiles.”
- Discovering how your level of engagement drives both employee and customer engagement.
- Learning how The Ritz-Carlton psychology of service creates empowerment, and what empowerment can do for your organization.
- The Ritz-Carlton Culture: Through this in-depth review, you will learn about The Credo, Motto, The Three Steps of Service, The Employee Promise, and the 12 Service Values of The Ritz-Carlton.
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Process, known as “The Systems Behind the Smiles”: One cannot extend legendary service without having robust systems and processes in place. You will hear about the selection process at The Ritz-Carlton and how we onboard talent and reward and recognize our associates.
- Employee and Customer Engagement: The foundation of driving customer engagement is having engaged employees. You will be introduced to the three levels of employee engagement and shown techniques that will enable you to personalize your service and create emotional connections.
- The Importance of Empowerment: Empowering your employees is an imperative component of legendary service. You will learn about The Ritz-Carlton Empowerment Guidelines, including how these reduce problem resolution costs and create consistently exceptional service.