MSA is thrilled to announce that we are partnering with the American Alliance of Museums (AAM) to host an in-person Conference & Expo next year in Boston, MA! Mark your calendars: MSA FORWARD 2022 will take place May 19-23. Stay tuned for more information!
The MSA Education Advisory Group is seeking session proposals for MSA FORWARD 2022. To submit a proposal, please fill out this form by September 10. The proposal form will ask about speaking experience and session information, including description and learning objectives.
MSA was proud to present MSA FORWARD 2021 in a state-of-the-art virtual format, allowing non-profit retail professionals from all around the globe to connect, learn, and do business safely. Nearly 400 attendees enjoyed educational sessions led by local and international industry leaders, participated in deep-dive workshops and roundtable discussions, networked with colleagues, and shopped the interactive Expo Hall featuring over 135 MSA vendors.
Congratulations to the recipients of this year's MSA Awards! Winners were announced at the MSA FORWARD VIRTUAL Membership Meeting and Awards Ceremony on April 29. A hearty round of applause to all!
"M" Award for Excellence
- Susan Tudor, Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
- MSA Best Visual Merchandising: The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art
- MSA Best Product Development: Japanese American National Museum
- MSA Best Store Web Presence: The National WWII Museum
- MSA Best Marketing or Advertising: North Atlantic Chapter of MSA
- MSA Best Pop-up Store or Special Event: Customs House Museum & Cultural Center
- MSA Best Museum Store Sunday Event at an Institution: Milwaukee Art Museum
- MSA Vendor of the Year: Applewood Books
Buyer's Choice Awards
- Best Books & Multimedia: Schiffer Publishing Ltd, Birds in The Barnes Foundation
- Best Custom Design: Kinzoku Custom, MADE WITH YOUR ART
- Best Eco-Friendly: The Product of Design, Seed Planter Box - Morse Museum Watercolors
- Best Education & Games: The Unemployed Philosophers Guild, Eidos Art Matching Card Game
- Best Fashion: Popcorn Custom Products, Willie Cole's Black Art Matters Hoodie & Tee
- Best Jewelry: Chick Boss, "Sound" Collection
- Best Paper Products: Wizhead, Inc., The Scream with Cats
Virtual Fundraising Auction
Thank you to everyone who placed bids or donated in this year's MSA Virtual Fundraising Auction! We raised over $8,300, which will be used to support MSA education initiatives. And thank you to the North Atlantic Chapter for hosting the auction!
Over 135 MSA vendors exhibited in the interactive Expo Hall at MSA FORWARD VIRTUAL.
- Click here to see a list of all exhibitors. (Excel)
- Click here to see a list of MSA Marketplace specials offered at the conference. (PDF)
Educational Session Recordings
We were thrilled to offer a number of educational sessions led by national and international industry leaders during last month's virtual conference. Topics ranged from museum product photography with a smart phone, to success with consignment vendors, to building a digital catalogue.
Video recordings of these presentations are available now -- complimentary for current MSA members, and for purchase by non-members.
- Click here to access the recordings.
- Click here to see descriptions of all educational sessions. (PDF)