Make Time -- to BLOG!
MSA is always seeking relevant content for our bi-weekly blog, and we hope you are interested in sharing your skills and experiences with the MSA community. All of the members of our community are trained professionals and experts in the field – and have interesting, personal, and relevant material to share with their peers. One of the defining characteristics of our Association is their unflagging willingness to assist each other — and a blog post offering info, suggestions, and practical steps is a way to spread that word across our community!
We include in the MSA blog a photo of the blogger’s business and an image of the author to personalize the post. We hope you will all consider this as a way to shine at your own institutions and businesses; publishing your expertise in a blog for your association of ~1,000 members shows the knowledge and willingness to contribute that makes you an industry leader.
Perhaps you have an intriguing industry topic you’ve been itching to write about, or you devised a solution to a common non-profit retail problem. Did you present something at the recent conference in Boston – or find inspiration there that led you to investigate an issue? Maybe you recently presented to your board and the content is relevant and would be of use to our community. What have you been working on that you would love to share?
Blog Submission Details
- MSA Blog submissions should be between 400 and 900 words.
- Topics can include anything relevant to our profession or association under the umbrella of the eight MSA Knowledge Standards: Merchandise Planning, Visitor Relations, Operations, Financial Management, Human Resources, Marketing and Communications, Technology, and Strategic Management
- Topics must be educational – offering tips, information, and advice that would be useful to the MSA community. The MSA Blog is not a platform for advertisement or solicitation.
- MSA Blog submissions should be emailed to David Duddy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line: “MSA blog submission.” If you need help shaping the idea or content – you can also reach out to David for some assistance.
- MSA Blog submissions should be accompanied by your head shot portrait and one or more photos of your business (or a photo relevant to your content).
- MSA Blog submissions should include, in the body of your email, the MSA Knowledge Standard(s) that your blog applies to.
Here is a link to recent MSA blog posts as examples.
Here is a link for tips on writing a great blog post.
We hope that you will find this an exciting prospect and will contribute an MSA blog in the near future. The MSA Marketing and Communications Committee is responsible for the solicitation, submissions, and editing of these blog entries. We look forward to reading your submissions – start typing now!
Marketing and Communications Committee (MARCOM)
- Susan Tudor, Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
- Amanda Schultz, Wisconsin Historical Society
- David Duddy, The MIT Museum
- Elizabeth Price, MSA Executive Director
- Emily Kowalski, MSA Marketing & Communications Director
- Ione Saroyan, New-York Historical Society Museum & Library
- Kristen Daniels, Kamibashi
- Melody Caban, CR Smith Museum
- Patricia Sampson, The King Center
- Stuart Hata, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco